THROUGH THE OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT,
DEMAND FOR THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF PROF. JOB AKPODIETE, RECTOR OF DELTA
STATE POLYTECHNIC, OZORO AND INVESTIGATION OF FINANCIAL IMPROPRIETY
Our attention has been drawn to the multiple cases of suspected fraud and financial indiscipline against extant laws by the Rector of the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro and we hereby formally draw your attention to the same.
Staff of the school who for obvious reasons do not want their identity known alleges as follows –
- That the Rector without due process and advertisement of a job of that magnitude as required under the Delta
State Procurement Law awarded the construction of a guest house at an unknown cost and has disbursed over
N90,000,000.00 (ninety million naira) to one Engr. H. I. Akumnue suspected to be fronting for him. Please
find attached photocopy of the voucher of payments for your perusal.
- That the Rector with a reckless abandon embarked and bought vehicles at a whooping sum of over
N85,000,000.00 (eighty five million naira) at an inflated rate, in the face of so-called lack of fund that has
practically crippled the activities of the school while staff sometimes remain unpaid for several months.
- That the Rector has been involved in the recruitment of both academic and non-academic staff without
recourse to the extant laws of Delta State and more so this employment tainted with ethnic coloration.
- The Rector and the management of the school are heavily involved in contract racketeering and kick-backs running into hundreds of millions of naira.
- That the staff of the school of Isoko extraction are grossly marginalized and subjected to daily intimidation, something that we find unacceptable.
These activities of the Rector, if unchecked threatens the existence of the institution as it has been reported that several departments of the school have failed or don’t have the requisite accreditation from professional academic bodies and the non-accreditation and withdrawal of accreditation has been linked to the lack of funds.
We hereby demand for the immediate removal of the said Prof. Job Akpodiete, while urging your government to investigate the finances of the school under Prof. Job Akpodiete and to take appropriate action.
Please, be assured of the esteem support and cooperation of Isoko Monitoring Group (IMG).
Thank you for your prompt action.
For: Isoko Monitoring Group
Comr. Sebastine Agbefe